Monday, July 18, 2011

From the Archives: All is Well





Sometimes I find it helpful to go back to the archives and dig around.

Today I came up with this gem that reminds me that peace and well being is not about reaching that state of ascension :) but about reaching that place of acceptance.

The power lies in understanding that my solutions lie within myself...


From the archives December 31 2009: All Is Well

Well, here we are. Another year, another decade.

Today I suppose I'm feeling mixed; a bit thoughtful as I look at just how far I've come in this journey. A bit scared as I look at what lies before me.

One thing I have learned in this journey is that when I am feeling scared or lonely, depressed or wildly excited --- that there is that place where peace and serenity resides...that place is the "now".

This morning I was feeling so wound up. My mind was racing with all of the to-do's on my to-do list that had not been done, the goals that have not yet been written, the plans not yet lain out neatly for me to follow as I transition from one year to the next. In other words, I was feeling quite out of control of things. Frazzled, anxious, panicked.

So I took a deep breath. I jumped on the treadmill (uh - yea. It's cold here in Iowa today so no long outdoor treks for this girl yet). And I let it all go.

I burned off the high physical energy that pumped up that sense of feeling overwhelmed. I took some deep breaths and focussed on the one thing I can control or affect - my now.

Slowly my thoughts began to settle, the butterflies in the pit of my stomach started to calm. The tightness in my shoulders began to lessen and I realized once again that the power is not within the ruminating of the past or the fear I face at my future. The peace comes from letting go of those things I cannot change (the past) or control (the future) but knowing that if I take life one moment at a time, all will be well.


Seek Knowledge, find Wisdom, live your Truth!

No comments: