Monday, October 31, 2011

When I Woke Up



When I "woke up" from a lifetime of learning to forget and deny the abuse I realized just how much I had to learn in order to live "whole". 

Learning to define my "self", establish my own and respect others healthy boundaries, understanding the difference between helping and enabling...all are parts of the whole picture of a whole self that lives in connection with others vs. dependent on others. 

This is the balance we find in the extremes where we "need" others to be ok and we don't need anyone to be ok. 

Understanding that the journey was about learning how to live by learning to live beyond the past helped me to begin to learn to see that I and no one else could do this for me. 

Yes.

You can. 

Baby steps:) 

In admiration for your amazing courage,

Susan

2 comments:

"' said...

Learning to respect boundaries is a very crucial learning experience. And defining ourselves is also very tough. The post is so sincere. Thank you!

Unknown said...

I truly appreciate your note Apeetha; thank you!

And yes...learning to understand what boundaries were, were not and how to use them was a very helpful lesson...:)